Welcome to Simple food. Delicious, simple to prepare recipes that celebrate fresh seasonal ingredients, and the joy of cooking and eating.
This month I’m featuring sweet things. It’s coming to winter in my part of the world, and snuggling up with a beautiful brownie and a hot coffee is very appealing! I love to bake and create sweet treats for my family and friends and here are some of my favourite recipes. They don’t really fit a healthy eating plan, but as my husband says, “All things in moderation, including moderation!”
- Gingerbread cake with blood orange caramel
- Vanilla and lavender biscuits
- Fig, raspberry and ginger cake
- Cranberry and pecan sugar cookies
- Plum tart
- Raspberry and hazelnut brownies
I’d love to hear if you have tried any of the recipes. Why not share a photo on Facebook or Instagram with the #sweettreats and #simplefood tags.